Monday, June 20, 2011
Pale Blue Eyes
Alright, so here is the video that Francine and I (well mostly Francine) having been working so hard on! The making of it was really fun, even though it did not go smoothly at all. On the day we went to go shoot I asked Francine how much footage her camera would take and we realized that we didn't have a memory card. Since we were already on the street car we decided to stop at "Mama's and Papa's Electric" (or a shop with a similarly sketchy name) to buy one. The memory card was clearly used, but we bought it anyway because there was no going back at this point. However, about half an hour into filming on the Toronto Island the memory card stopped working. So this entire movie was shot on Francine's I-phone, which was also running really low on batteries. Then when going to edit it some of the effects took us ages to figure out on final cut pro, and Francine may never speak to me again. But I really hope she does because I loved making it and I just love it in general!
In outfit #1 I wear:
- Vintage skirt found at Space, one of my favourite vintage stores in Toronto
- just an old tank top
- Francine's boat hat, I believe it's from H&M
- and another pair of Pretty Ballerinas that you cant really see but they are black, have a small heel, and have a rose on them
In outfit #2 I wear:
- white linen shorts made by me
- Francine's amazing white shirt that actually has rope around the collar that she found at Bicyclette
In outfit #3 I wear:
- navy romper from Anthropologie last year
- thrifted sweater
And finally in outfit #4 I wear:
- thrifted pants
- Francine's hat that she gave to me last year
- and a beautiful vintage jacket that I will definitely be posting about later so you can get a better look at it
Oh and the song we used was picked by Francine and is Pale Blue Eyes by the Velvet Underground.
In other news, I wanted to link you to a great article by Gala Darling on body image and blogging that I found really interesting. I know that I am constantly terrified that someone is going to leave a less than complimentary comment on here, so it was good for me to read it. And I also wanted to say that I saw the new Woody Allen movie last night and it's my favourite movie EVER! So you may want to check that out, I won't spoil it by discussing it any further.
Posted by Caitlin Rose at 2:45 PM