Riverdale Farm, which is sort of like a park, but with a little museum and a petting zoo. It is definitely one of my favourite places in Toronto because it always has goats, beautiful flowers, and chickens with hammer-pants. There was supposed to be a thunder storm that day, and even though all signs were pointing to rain, I utterly refused to cancel the picnic. The day started off a little rough because I had to carry so much to the farm, but once we got there it was so magical to see all my friends together in such a special place.
Claire Louise Milne for my birthday. I first saw her on Claire's blog and I instantly fell in love, she has a dress, an apron, an undershirt, bloomers and a petticoat that are all removable. One day I might try making her something, but I doubt that I have the patience or the skill. All my friends gave me the loveliest gifts. I got sewing supplies, tote bags, beautiful china, scented powder, delicious treats, I totally cleaned house! And Jon bought me tickets to the ballet, which I'm so excited about. I also made that lovely cake from Smitten Kitchen and it was very likely my best cake yet. I had to carry it to the farm in a hat box because I didn't have one of those special containers, but it lasted well.
A Scent of Rosewood gave me a blogger award!! Part of the award is that you have to say 10 things about you, which I thought was appropriate since it is around my birthday (a time of reflection for me). I'm not very good at these but I'm going to give it a try.
1) My favourite colour is undoubtably blue
2) I studied art history in university and love nineteenth and early twentieth century paintings the best
3) I have two brothers, one older, one younger who are both so very different
4) I consider myself a cynical person but my friends all tell me I'm not
5) I play the piano but very poorly, which I am proud of because Elizabeth Bennett also does
6) I don't really like to cook, but I can definitely get behind baking
7) I complain about how much work I always have to do, but if I have free time I always fill it up with more work
8) I grew up in Thunder Bay, a somewhat small town that is very isolated from the rest of the world but often in a good way
9. I have very good friends, some of them very old and some of them very new
10. I am addicted to buying sewing patterns, because they hold so much possibility even though I will never get around to making them all
And now I am to elect three other bloggers that I believe deserve this award. So here goes.
Claire from Needlebook: because her tiny sewing is amazing
Bicyclette: a wonderful new blog and boutique here in Toronto that is doing wonders for my wardrobe
Give me Bows: where cute reigns over all
Pretty Ballerinas is Spanish and has actually used a design of a real ballet slipper from the year 1918! They are made in Spain, and are just so beautifully crafted, I feel like a ballerina in them (which is a huge goal of mine).